CALL FOR ENTRIES FOR FILM PROJECTS IN THE POST-pRODUCTION STAGE
GuadaLAjara Film Festival (GLAFF) through the Work In Progress (WIP) LATINO program has been supporting Latin American Filmmakers for over 7 years, in recent years the focus has broaden to ensure inclusion of BIPOC filmmakers based in the United States.
This important initiative is made possible by the University of Guadalajara Foundation USA and the festival’s sponsors. Their awards and support contribute to the achievement of the projects selected for WIP Latino.
The program has supported projects that have gone on to successful festival runs, amongst those titles are: I’m No Longer Here (Ya No Estoy Aquí), directed by Fernando Frías de la Parra (WIP Latino 3), which premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival (2020). The film went on to represent Mexico in the category of Best International Film at the 2021 Oscars®. Fruits of Labor, directed by Emily Cohen Ibañez (WIP Latino 5), had its world premiere at SXSW (2021), Official Selection in Documentary Spotlight. 499, directed by Rodrigo Reyes (WIP Latino 4), premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival (2020), and it went on to win Best Cinematography for director of photography Alejandro Mejia, as well as receiving the Special Jury Award at Hot Docs.
The GuadaLAjara Film Festival (GLAFF) is now accepting applications for the post-production initiative WIP Latino 7. The program provides in-kind and cash support to Latin American and BIPOC filmmakers, in the post-production stage; projects can be in the editing stage.
WIP LATINO 7 will focus on supporting projects that focus on the topics of border, migration, human rights, social and political themes centered around the Latino and Latinx community. This is also the framework for the 12th edition of the GuadaLAjara Film Festival (GLAFF).
Eligible films must be full length fiction or documentary projects in the final editing stage or in early post production, in need of finishing funds. Selected films will be presented to industry professionals such as: producers, distributors, sales agents, post production companies, granting entities and other festival representatives that can advise or contribute to the finishing, exhibition and distribution of the film.
Films selected to participate in the WIP LATINO 7 initiative will be eligible for in-kind services related to finishing, distribution and marketing of the film and one cash prize grant will be awarded, the grant is presented by the University of Guadalajara Foundation. The complete list of awards will be published at a later date.
WIP LATINO 7 SELECTED FILMS WILL RECEIVE:
- Project information will be published in the 12th edition GLAFF film festival print catalog.
- Festival passes for two representatives of the selected film.
- Hotel accommodations during the film festival (September 29 – October 1) in Los Angeles. The number of nights will be confirmed by the festival at a later time.
- Fee waiver for the 2023 edition of GLAFF.
The application is free of charge. Travel and food expenses to Los Angeles will be the responsibility of the Filmmakers.
The call for entries will remain open from June 2th, 2022 through July 16th , 2022.
MANDATORY REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
Films must be submitted as follows:
- Rough cut must be between 60 – 140 minutes long.
- To register, you must fill out the electronic registration form found in the following LINK.
- Film must be subtitled in Spanish or English depending on the original language.
- The link must be private and password protected. DOWNLOADABLE FILES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the material is available during the entire period of the Festival’s evaluation and development process.
- DVD/Blu-ray copies will not be accepted.
- If a project is selected, the information provided on the registration form will be the information published in the GLAFF catalog.
- The applicant must be 18 years or older.
- The applicant should be in a key creative role in the film, preferably being the producer or director of the film.
- GLAFF employees or board members are not eligible for this open call.
- The filmmaker cannot be a full-time student.
- By submitting your application, it is understood that you have read and accepted the conditions of participation stipulated in this call for entries.
- Films previously submitted for consideration are not eligible.
Films awarded by WIP Latino 7 must include the GLAFF logo as well as the WIP Latino logo in the end credits, once completed.
The selected projects must confirm their assistance to the event one week after receiving the invitation, otherwise, their participation will be automatically canceled and a runner up will be selected.
The organizing committee reserves the right to invite any feature film to participate.
The results of the selected films are final.
FOR QUESTIONS OR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org